Cold and flu season, the time of year that everybody, especially parents dread. This year, with the flu season hitting our little ones especially hard, it’s up to us as moms and dads to do what we can to protect our little ones.
Around our house, we talk to our kids about the four C’s and the importance of practicing them on a daily basis.
The Four C’s – Cover, Contain, Clean and Vitamin C
1. Cover – Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
This is my kids favorite tip, and they practice it regularly. Which makes me happy. It’s pretty cute seeing a three year old automatically sneeze into their elbow.
They also like to remind adults who don’t remember to cover when they cough or sneeze, which can get awkward, especially in public.
2. Contain – Stay home if you are sick, no matter what. This can be a toughie, especially with small children who don’t want to miss out on school or a special event. But a little bit of rest usually speeds recovery.
3. Clean -This is the big one because it’s all about prevention.
For my kids, their job is to wash their hands. One habit that we have developed is to wash our hands immediately when we get home from any outing. We just go straight for the sinks when we get home.
My little guy knows that’s his first job when he gets home from school. I think it’s a really good habit to get into.
My job as a parent is to keep our hot spots disinfected. Hot spots are the areas that everyone touches and are havens for those little viruses and germs.
I love using the Clorox Disinfecting Wipes on our household hot spots. They are incredibly convenient. I use them to give the bathroom sinks a quick wipe, including the facets and the soap dispenser. Yep, I like to give the soap dispenser a wipe as well. With two little kids, you never know what they have been touching!
For a good deep cleaning, I use Clorox Clean Up Cleaner with Bleach. I love wiping down our bathroom with this on a regular basis. It gives me peace of mind to know that even potty training germs can’t hide!
4. Vitamin C – We focus on healthy fruits and veggies packed with vitamin C, including oranges, red bell peppers and strawberries. Smoothies are my family’s favorite way to load up on vitamins!
*Use as directed
So, which are your favorite Clorox cleaning products that help keep you and your family healthy? Leave a comment here, each comment will garner an automatic entry into a sweepstakes where one participant has a chance to win a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- a. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- b. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- c. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- d. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/24-2/28
Be sure to visit the sponsor’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!