Today, I’m sharing a quick and easy dinner recipe that is absolutely delicious. This one pan chicken alfredo is perfect for busy weeknights, or any night when you want to have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. Serve this alongside a simple salad for a meal the whole family will love. The best part of this chicken alfredo is that it is made in just one pan, just like my Skillet Enchiladas. Easy prep, and easy clean up!
Let me show you how quick this chicken alfredo whips up:
Start by browning the chicken in olive oil over a medium high heat. Turn the heat down and add minced garlic. Sauté for about a minute.
Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan. Turn up heat until mixture starts to simmer, then cover pan and turn heat back to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Remove from heat and stir in two cups of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley and serve.
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1¼ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ a pound of penne pasta, or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Start by cutting chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of pepper.
- Brown chicken in olive oil over medium high heat.
- It does not need to be cooked through at this point, it will continue cooking as it simmers.
- Once chicken is browned, add minced garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.