These Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies are the ultimate fall cookie. I used a simple drop sugar cookie recipe and added pumpkin spice. Then, I topped them with the most amazing pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting. These cookies are so yummy. It’s a frosted sugar cookie with a fall twist!
This recipe makes about 14 large cookies that are perfect for taking to a party or giving as a gift. These would be wonderful served with hot apple cider, or my slow cooker caramel apple cider!
- 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter
- 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar and butter, and beat with paddle attachment until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Roll two tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Don't over bake.
- Let cool and frost.
- Sprinkle cookies with additional pumpkin pie spice.
- To prepare frosting, using the paddle attachment, beat butter, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and pinch of salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- With mixer still running, add in vanilla extract.
- Divide cream cheese into 8 cubes and drop them into the mixture one at a time until well combined.
I’m really excited about these Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies, so please let me know if you try them. I know you will love them too!