I am thrilled to be sharing these Candy Cane Pudding Cookies as part of the Ultimate Holiday Idea Exchange. Tonight, we will be filling up the Ultimate Holiday Idea Exchange Pinterest Board with brand new holiday projects and recipes. This is the perfect time to start planning! Make sure you are following the Pinterest board to see all the fresh ideas being shared! If you are a blogger, please join in the fun, we want to share your new Holiday projects as well! Pin and tweet your project tonight with the hashtag #holidayideaexchange so we can repin it to the board. Check out all the details here!
While you are at it, you may want to follow all 10 creative bloggers on pinterest!!
So, on to the cookies! You guys are going to love these Candy Cane Pudding Cookies! I adapted my Oreo Pudding Cookies and added the amazing Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Bits. I was originally going to add crushed candy cane to these cookies, but then ran across these baking bits at Target and just had to use them. They are perfect for holiday baking! They are soft, similar to a chocolate chip, but they have little bits of crunchy peppermint candy in them. I just love the texture and color they give to these cookies!
I brought these to my daughter’s preschool teachers, and they went crazy for them! They are soft and buttery, with just the right amount of chewiness and peppermint flavor. I’ve also made these cookies nice and big, so they are perfect for gift giving!
- 14 tablespoons of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz box of Jell-O Candy Cane Pudding
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugars, and pudding mix until fluffy.
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir on low just until combined.
- Continue stirring and add egg and egg yolk one at a time.
- Then add flour and baking soda to bowl and stir just until dough forms.
- Add peppermint baking chips to dough and stir until combined.
- Form three tablespoons of dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Makes about 20 large cookies.
You can make these cookies smaller by measuring just two tablespoon of dough baking them for about 10 minutes.
Be sure not to over bake! Cookies will continue baking as they cool. Remove from oven when edges are just a light golden brown.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.