This One-Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta is a fresh and easy take on my popular one-pan meals. I love thinking up new variations of these easy meals, and I’m especially excited about this one. The combination of lemon and garlic is just delicious and perfect for a quick week night dinner. You can find even more of my One-Pot meals here!
Start by browning the chicken in a large skillet or sauté pan. I use this 3qt All-Clad pan. It’s a workhorse, and I’ve used the same pan almost daily for about 13 years! After the chicken is browned, add garlic to the pan and sauté for about a minute more.
Then add low-sodium chicken broth, water, and uncooked pasta to the pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
Once the pasta is cooked through, remove cover and increase heat to medium high. Let the liquid reduce for about five more minutes. This will form the sauce for the pasta. It looks a little plain now, but stir in the lemon juice, zest, parmesan cheese, and basil leaves and you have a beautiful pasta dish! I like to garnish with lemon slices just because they look so pretty in the dish! I also like to add lots of freshly ground black pepper!
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt plus lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 pound of penne pasta (about two cups)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced; juiced lemon should yield about 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken breasts with one teaspoon of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium high and brown chicken breast.
- Lower heat and add garlic to pan.
- Sautee garlic and chicken together about one minute.
- Then add chicken broth, water and uncooked pasta to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low.
- Cook covered on low for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove cover and let simmer for about five more minutes until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed and garnish with lemon slices.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.