I love coming up with recipes for homemade scrubs! Today, I’m sharing this fun and easy recipe for warm vanilla sugar scrub. This skin scrub smells wonderful, and it leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth.
For this scrub, I started with extra virgin coconut oil. It’s really the perfect ingredient because it is affordable and so great for your skin. I combined it with turbinado raw cane sugar and a splash of vanilla extract. I found my turbinado raw sugar cane in the baking aisle of my local grocery store. The sugar crystals are very large, which is ideal for a body scrub. It also has a lovely deep and warm scent that pairs wonderfully with vanilla. If you can’t find turbinado sugar, you can use brown sugar or granulated sugar. I used granulated sugar in my lemon sugar scrub, and it works beautifully!
- 3 cups of turbinado raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, or a few drops of vanilla essential oil
- Stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- To use, splash water on skin and gently scrub. Rinse and pat dry. Enjoy your super soft and silky skin!
- Note: If you are using this sugar scrub in the shower, take care. The coconut oil can make the shower floor slippery.
Homemade sugar scrubs make great gifts! I like to package mine in mason jars and use washi tape to make a cute label. A large popsicle stick or a small wooden spoon makes a great scoop for the scrub.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.