Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked banana bread? Truly, I can’t think of anything that smells as good when it’s baking. This is a banana bread recipe I have been using for a long time, and I absolutely love it. I’ve adapted this recipe just a little over the years, including making this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. What makes this recipe really special is that you combine the bananas two ways. First, you whip two of the bananas with sugar to create a fluffy banana cream, so the banana flavor goes throughout the bread. Then you mash two of the bananas by hand so there are flavorful little chunks of banana in the loaf. Moist and flavorful banana bread with melty semi sweet chocolate chips throughout. This Chocolate Chip Banana bread is a must make!
- 3/4 cup of melted and cooled butter
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour plus one tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl using a fork, mash two bananas together. Mixture should be chunky.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, salt and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk together two bananas and sugar. Continue whisking until bananas and sugar are fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Switch to paddle attachment and add butter, eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredient and mix just until combined.
- Using bowl you had dry ingredients in, combine chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Pour chocolate chips into batter and stir to combine.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Adapted from Tyler Florence’s Banana Bread with Pecans
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You might also like: