These cookie bars are one of the favorite recipes! The combination of crunchy colorful M&M’S and that ultra delicious Cadbury Egg chocolate in this Easter version makes it even better! What does Cadbury put in their chocolate that makes it so addictive? Whatever it is, these cookies are loaded with it! Since the chocolate eggs are heavy, I crushed them and baked them in the cookie dough. Then added more chocolate eggs to the top of the cookies bars once they were baked so you can see the pretty whole chocolate eggs!
Before baking, I crushed a 10 oz bag of Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs in a plastic storage baggie using my kitchen mallet. Then saved a second bag for topping the cookie bars with. You probably won’t use the entire second bag, but those eggs are perfect for snacking;0)
Before baking, top the cookie dough with additional M&M’S but not the additional chocolate eggs! The chocolate eggs are heavy and will sink down to the bottom while baking.
While the cookie bars are hot from the oven, gently press additional Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs into the top then let cool.
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of crushed Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs, plus more whole for topping
- 1 cup of Easter M&M'S, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add M&M's and crushed Cadbury Chocolate Egg pieces and give a final stir.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M'S, into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Remove from oven and immediately press whole Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs into top of cookie bars while they are still hot.
- Let cool and cut.
For this recipe, you'll need one 11.4 oz bag of Easter colored M&M'S and two 10oz bags of Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs.
Yum! I just love the pretty Easter colors!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.