This post is brought to you in partnership with Jennie-O.
This Easy Turkey Breast Holiday dinner is so simple to make and will totally satisfy that holiday meal craving. All you need is one slow cooker, one sheet pan and one skillet! A boneless turkey breast that is a snap to make in the slow cooker, homemade stuffing in the skillet and quick oven roasted green beans. Finish it all off with sweet orange cranberry sauce. Fresh herbs and citrus are the secret to making this holiday dinner extra delicious!
For the turkey, I used this Oven Ready Boneless Turkey Breast from Jennie-O. It’s fully seasoned and cooks straight from frozen! You can roast it in the oven, or use the slow cooker. Cooking instructions are included on the package. I used a little low-sodium chicken broth and freshly squeezed orange juice to add another layer of flavor.
So simple! My turkey breast cooked on high for about 5 hours.
About one hour before the turkey was ready, I started making the stuffing. Then twenty minutes before roasted the green beans in the oven. While the turkey was resting and before slicing, I stirred a little freshly squeezed orange juice with canned whole berry cranberry sauce. Delicious!
I prepared the stuffing in a large cast iron skillet so I could use it was a serving dish. I just love how everything looked served on top of the stuffing!
- 1 Jennie-O Oven Ready Boneless Turkey Breast frozen
- 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- Juice from one orange divided
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 pound of turkey sausage
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of fresh sage minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 large golden delicious apple cored and diced
- 3/4 cups of dried cranberries
- 2 cups of turkey or chicken stock
- 6 cups of dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce
- Add frozen Jennie-O Boneless Turkey Breast to slow cooker along with low-sodium chicken broth and 1/2 of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Cook on high for about 5 hours or low for 6 1/2 hours. Follow package directions for cooking and make sure turkey has reached an internal cooking temperature of 165 degrees.
- 1 hour before turkey is ready, prepare stuffing.
- In a large cast iron skillet, saute onions and celery in olive oil over medium heat, until they start to soften.
- Add sausage, breaking up as it cooks.
- Season sausage with 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Once sausage is cooked through, stir in fresh herbs.
- Stir in apples and cranberries.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Stir in chicken stock and melted butter.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Can be placed under the broiler for the last minute or two to make the top of the stuffing toasty.
- Once stuffing is cooking, toss green beans with olive oil, salt pepper and garlic powder and roast on a sheet pan for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees. Squeeze 1/2 of fresh lemon over green beans.
- Finally stir cranberry sauce together with 1/2 of orange juice and orange zest.
- Squeeze other 1/2 of lemon over hot turkey breast, let rest and slice.
I’ve partnered with Jennie-O to create this sponsored post and recipe. All opinions are my own.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS