Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, and my kids’ favorite too. So, after seeing a few recipes for individual cakes and brownies made in the microwave, I was inspired to develop a recipe to make our favorite treat in just a few minutes. My kiddos are going crazy over this chocolate chip cookie in a cup, and the best part is how easy and quick it is to make.
Edited to add: This is the original chocolate chip cookie in a cup recipe. Make sure you follow the steps and don’t substitute spreads for butter:0) For more fun ideas, follow me on Pinterest.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white or save for different recipe)
- Scant ¼ of All Purpose Flour (slightly less than ¼ of a cup)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Butter should just be melted, not boiling.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, then stir again. Measure a scant, slightly less than full, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Now your mixture will look like cookie dough.
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. Mine takes 50 seconds. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools. If the cookie is dry or cake like, try less time.
- Serve warm.
There you have it, a homemade chocolate chip cookie in just a few minutes…and no mess to clean up.
Make this for your family, or yourself right now! It’s so easy! Let me know how you like it!
If you like the Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup, try my Peanut Butter Cookie in a Cup, Sugar Cookie in a Cup, and Nutella Cookie in a Cup!
If you need a chocolate fix, try my microwave brownie in a cup.
If you don’t want to use the microwave, try my very popular oven baked single serving chocolate chip cookies.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new posts and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, or follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!