I have the newest addition to my line up of one-pot meal. This One-Pan Enchilada Pasta is absolutely delicious. This recipe is a combination of my Skillet Enchiladas and my One-Pot Cheeseburger Casserole. Both of these recipes are reader favorites, and I know your family will love this one too. One-Pan Enchilada Pasta is a great weeknight dinner and is on the table in less than 30 minutes. The flavors of enchiladas with the family friendly comfort of pasta. This recipe is sure to make it into your regular rotation. Its just so quick and easy, and we always have these ingredients on hand.
Start by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil. Then brown ground taco turkey meat, breaking up as it cooks. I use the Jennie-O Lean Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey for this recipe. I really love the flavor and and we use it often for our weeknight taco dinners. If you can’t find the taco seasoned turkey meat, you can substitute plain ground turkey or ground beef and either use a low-sodium taco seasoning packet or your own taco seasonings from the cupboard. This recipe is really flexible!
Once the ground turkey is cooked through, add pasta, low-sodium chicken broth, and enchilada sauce to pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook covered on low for about 15 minutes. Then remove lid and cook uncovered for about 5 more minutes.
Then you have this absolutely delicious mixture. Techinally, you could stop right here. But I really think enchiladas need plenty of cheese!
Stir in 1 cup of freshly shredded cheese. I used Colby Jack because I love the way it melts! Then sprinkle additional cup of cheese on top. To melt the cheese, either run it under the broiler for a minute to two, or just cover and let the heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
Sprinkle with green onions and black olives, if you love them like me. My husband is not a fan of olives, so he takes his portion without.
When I was testing this recipe, I was not sure about the combination of enchilada sauce and pasta, but this is absolutely delicious! I’m so thrilled I tried this combination and I know your family will love it!
Kitchen tools you will need to make this recipe:
Links are to the products I use and love in my kitchen.
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 1.25 pounds of taco seasoned ground turkey meat or 1.25 pounds of lean ground beef and packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 8oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried rotini pasta
- 2 cups of freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese
- green onions
- black olives
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
- Add ground turkey meat and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Once turkey meat is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and green onions.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.