This weekend, our neighbor was kind enough to give us a big bag of homegrown lemons. We put the lemons right to work and made a batch of Homemade Lemonade. This homemade lemonade recipe is so easy. The hardest part is squeezing the lemons, which is of course the perfect job for little hands that love to help in the kitchen. The flavor of homemade lemonade is just so bright and fresh and perfect for summer.
If you are making this for a crowd, you will want to double or triple the recipe. It will mean a little extra squeezing, but it will be the hit of your party!
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of fresh, cold water
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 20 small lemons
- Start by squeezing and straining lemons.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let sugar mixture cool. then combine with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice.
I also spotted this pack of Red, White and Blue Paper Straws
on Amazon! These would be perfect for Memorial Day or the 4th of July!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
This post contains affiliate links.