These Homemade Lemon Toaster Pastries are easy to make and really delicious. I used store-bought lemon curd and pre-made pie dough to whip these up in just a few minutes.
Start by trimming the pie dough into a square, then divide both pie doughs into a total of eight rectangles. You will have four from each pie dough. PS – The pie dough scraps would be perfect for my Chicken Pot Pie Soup!
Brush the edges with egg wash and fill with about a tablespoon of lemon curd. Keep lemon curd away from the edges so the dough will seal together properly. If a little leaks out, no worries!
Use a fork to seal the edges all the way around, then use a tooth pick to poke a few holes through the top layer of pie dough.
Brush with egg wash and bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
Top with lemon glaze and rainbow sugar sprinkles and enjoy!
Homemade Lemon Toaster Pastries
- 1 package of Pillsbury Pie Crust includes two crusts
- 1 jar of store-bought lemon curd
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Rainbow sugar sprinkles
- Prepare egg wash by whisking egg and water together.
- Trim pie dough into a square, then divide into four rectangles. Repeat with second pie dough.
- Brush edges of bottom crusts with egg wash, then fill with one tablespoon each of lemon curd.
- Seal edges by pressing down with fork and use toothpick to poke holes in top crust.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- While pastries are baking, prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar with lemon juice.
- Once pastries have cooled slightly, top with glaze and sprinkles.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS