This Baked Bean Casserole is incredibly easy to make and is a hit at every BBQ or potluck. I love making this because it’s a quick side dish that everyone goes crazy over. Start with a large can of baked beans and add a crunchy topping of bacon, onions, and panko bread crumbs. It’s so easy, and the perfect dish to serve alongside hamburgers, hot dogs or BBQ.
This recipe fits a two quart baking dish and feeds six, but can easily be double to fit in a 9×13 dish which would serve about twelve.
Try this easy recipe for baked bean casserole at your next BBQ, or for dinner tonight! It’s so flavorful, everyone will be asking for the recipe and they will never know it’s semi-homemade. This baked bean casserole pairs perfectly with my slow cooker BBQ ribs. You may also want to whip up a batch of my perfect sweet tea recipe. It will make for an authentic BBQ experience!
- 1 28 oz can of baked beans
- 1/4 pound of bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup of yellow onions diced
- 1/3 cup of Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs
- black pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until fat is rendered, but bacon is not yet crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside, bacon will continue to cook in the oven on top of the casserole.
- Add onions to bacon fat and sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in bread crumbs and toss to coat.
- Stir in bacon and several turns of black pepper.
- Add baked beans to a two quart baking dish and top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown and beans are bubbly.
For even more dinner ideas, check out these easy dinner recipes!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS