This is really the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe. Smooth and creamy with the perfect balance of pumpkin and spice, my family looks forward to this every year!
Best Pumpkin Pie
If you aren’t a fan of pumpkin pie, this is the recipe you need to try! So often, pumpkin pie is overly spiced with a funky texture. This pumpkin pie is smooth and creamy with just the right amount of spice. The secret to the best pumpkin pie is cream cheese, it creates the perfect texture! I like to serve this pumpkin pie slightly chilled and piled high with freshly whipped cream!
I use a homemade pie crust (recipe and step by step instructions coming soon to my website), but this can be whipped up quickly using refrigerated pie dough. You can even make the decorative leaf pie crust and nobody will know it’s not from scratch. Partially baking the the pie dough before adding the filling is the secret to avoiding soggy pie crust bottoms. See recipe card for instructions.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to beat cream cheese and pumpkin together until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients and continue mixing until well combined.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 9 inch pie dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Roll out and arrange pie dough with decorative edge. Place unbaked pie shell in freezer for one hour to firm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lower oven rack to lowest position. Brush pie crust edges lightly with egg wash. Use a piece of parchment paper to gently line pie crust. Fill with pie weights and bake for 10 minutes. Then remove pie weights and bake for another 10 minutes. If pie crust starts to bubble, press back down gently with a spoon. Remove pie crust and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese and pumpkin until well combined. Add sugar, salt, eggs, egg yolks and continue mixing until smooth. Add half and half, melted butter, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
Add pumpkin mixture to partially baked pie crust and bake for about 50 minutes, or until set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool. I like to serve this pie chilled or at room temperature.
More Thanksgiving recipes:
Homemade Pie Crust – coming soon
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS