I love the Martha Stewart Chalkboard paint and I really love that it comes in colors. I thought it would be fun to give my jar candles a more modern look using chalkboard paint. The little candles are from the dollar store and I think they would make such a cute gift or party favor.
Martha Stewart Crafts chalkboard paint
1. Gather supplies. Acrylic chalkboard paint, paint brush, chalk and jar candle with label and residue completely removed. I use my homemade goo gone recipe to remove the labels.
2. Prepare glass for paint by cleaning with rubbing alcohol. Paint two to three coats of chalkboard paint on glass, letting paint dry between coats.
3. Let dry 24 hours, then prepare chalkboard surface by rubbing with a piece of white chalk. Wipe off with a damp towel.
4. Draw and decorate using chalk ink pens for best results.
I used black, blue and green chalkboard paint on my candles. The No. 1 candle is an aqua color I created by mixing the blue and green chalkboard paint together.
I will definitely be making more of these for Christmas gifts!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new posts and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!
Thanks for reading!
Linking up with: The 36th Avenue
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel
Melissa, I want these at my wedding!! Okay, so I am not getting married anytime soon (sadly–boo) but when I DO, I’m so making these. Or paying you to make them since you live relatively close by haha.
Suzan @ Welcome to the Nut House
Oh! Pinning this right now. These would make great hostess gifts for the holidays!I may make a few to have around when people that you don’t know that well make you holiday treats. That happened last year to me and I had to hurry and make something. i won’t be unprepared this time. 🙂
They look so cute! I love the vanilla, what a neat idea.
Wow, there are adorable! What a great idea!!