I love the Martha Stewart Chalkboard paint and I really love that it comes in colors. I thought it would be fun to give my jar candles a more modern look using chalkboard paint. The little candles are from the dollar store and I think they would make such a cute gift or party favor.
Martha Stewart Crafts chalkboard paint
1. Gather supplies. Acrylic chalkboard paint, paint brush, chalk and jar candle with label and residue completely removed. I use my homemade goo gone recipe to remove the labels.
2. Prepare glass for paint by cleaning with rubbing alcohol. Paint two to three coats of chalkboard paint on glass, letting paint dry between coats.
3. Let dry 24 hours, then prepare chalkboard surface by rubbing with a piece of white chalk. Wipe off with a damp towel.
4. Draw and decorate using chalk ink pens for best results.
I used black, blue and green chalkboard paint on my candles. The No. 1 candle is an aqua color I created by mixing the blue and green chalkboard paint together.
I will definitely be making more of these for Christmas gifts!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new posts and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!
Thanks for reading!
Linking up with: The 36th Avenue
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS