I’ve been working on this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for a few weeks after several readers asked about a full batch recipe for the Perfect Single Serving Size Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I am so thrilled to share this recipe with you, because they are absolutely the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. They are soft and chocolatey in the center, and crisp and chewy on the edges. Cookie perfection.
My favorite part about this recipe is that it’s adapted from my single serving chocolate chip cookie recipe, which was adapted from my Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup recipe. My microwave cookie is all gown up!
I love a simple and easy recipe, so this is both of those. You mix everything in the stand mixer, no extra bowls or big clean up. No strange or secret ingredients, just the good stuff.
You probably have everything in your pantry already.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Melissa at no. 2 pencil
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
12 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup of firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 egg yolks plus 1 whole egg
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine melted cooled butter, sugars, and salt, and mix on medium speed until mixture starts to look smooth. About 1-2 minutes.
2. Lower speed and add vanilla and eggs and continue mixing until well combined.
3. Add baking soda and flour to bowl and mix just until combined.
4. Add chocolate chips and give a final stir with the mixer to incorporate.
5. Measure out two tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place cookie dough on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
6. Bake cookies for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven when edges start to brown. The center half of the cookie will still be puffy and look undone. Firmly rap cookie sheet on counter top to promote wrinkly appearance. Let cookie cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Cookies will continue to wrinkle as they cool.
Give your friends and family the gift of freshly baked cookies this holiday season! Freeze this cookie dough, get all the tips and tricks here:
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
For more yummy ideas see:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS