I’ve been working on this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for a few weeks after several readers asked about a full batch recipe for the Perfect Single Serving Size Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I am so thrilled to share this recipe with you, because they are absolutely the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. They are soft and chocolatey in the center, and crisp and chewy on the edges. Cookie perfection.
My favorite part about this recipe is that it’s adapted from my single serving chocolate chip cookie recipe, which was adapted from my Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup recipe. My microwave cookie is all gown up!
I love a simple and easy recipe, so this is both of those. You mix everything in the stand mixer, no extra bowls or big clean up. No strange or secret ingredients, just the good stuff.
You probably have everything in your pantry already.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Melissa at no. 2 pencil
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
12 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup of firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 egg yolks plus 1 whole egg
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine melted cooled butter, sugars, and salt, and mix on medium speed until mixture starts to look smooth. About 1-2 minutes.
2. Lower speed and add vanilla and eggs and continue mixing until well combined.
3. Add baking soda and flour to bowl and mix just until combined.
4. Add chocolate chips and give a final stir with the mixer to incorporate.
5. Measure out two tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place cookie dough on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
6. Bake cookies for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven when edges start to brown. The center half of the cookie will still be puffy and look undone. Firmly rap cookie sheet on counter top to promote wrinkly appearance. Let cookie cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Cookies will continue to wrinkle as they cool.
Give your friends and family the gift of freshly baked cookies this holiday season! Freeze this cookie dough, get all the tips and tricks here:
Freezing and Packaging Cookie Dough for Gift Giving
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
Linking up with: Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Nap Time
For more yummy ideas see:
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
Thanks for sharing! My hubby always wants a chocolate chip cookie that’s flatter/crunchier and I can never achieve it! Mine are always too fluffy! Can’t wait to give these a try!
I haven’t tried your single serve chocolate chip cookies, but I’ve made the microwave cup one a few times. I love it! I made it last with Nestle’s dark chocolate mint morsels and it was so so so good. These look amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing these recipes!(:
Crispy on the outside and soft/chewy on the inside is the best way to make chocolate chip cookies!
I made these last night and they are the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever. My usual choc. chip cookies are always too puffy, so I loved the tip about hitting the cookie sheet on the counter. I just shared this recipe with my office! Thanks!!
I made these a couple of weeks ago and they were the best cookies I have ever made-hands down- so I’m making them again today for a family gathering tomorrow. I undercook them a little because everyone likes really soft cookies but they cook so evenly and are so tasty!
Won’t be looking any further for a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe! Amazing! Thank you!
I have been looking for the perfect crispy/chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe…and this is it! Followed the recipe exactly with great results. Thank you!