Classic Peppermint Bark Recipe– peppermint flavored chocolate layered with white chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes. Just 4 ingredients!
Classic Peppermint Bark
Everyone’s favorite easy to make and gift Christmas Candy. This recipe mixes peppermint extract with smooth and creamy dark chocolate then layers white chocolate and crushed candy cane on top. It’s easy to make and can even be done on a stovetop or microwave.
Ingredients for Peppermint Bark
- Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers – Ghirardelli Brand Melting wafers preferred. They melt smoothly and taste really good.
- White Melting Wafers – Ghirardelli Brand Melting wafers preferred. They melt smoothly and taste really good. White chocolate morsels can be difficult to melt.
- Peppermint Extract
- Candy Canes – I like to use the mini candy canes because I feel like you can see more bits of red when they are crushed.
Supplies for Peppermint Bark
- 8×8 Square Cake Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 1 10 oz bag Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers Ghirardelli recommended
- 1 10 oz bag White Melting Wafers Ghirardelli recommended
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
Line an 8x8 square cake pan with parchment paper. Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Stir in peppermint extract. Pour into parchment paper lined cake pan and smooth to distribute evenly.
Let set at room temperature until chocolate has just started to set. It will no longer be shiny. Melt white wafers and evenly pour over dark chocolate. Use a spoon or offset spatula to smooth being careful not to dip into second layer. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Refrigerate until firm and cut into preferred sizes.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS