These English Muffin Bacon, Egg and Cheese cups are the most delicious little breakfast bites. Thomas’ Sourdough English Muffins baked together with melty cheddar cheese, smokey bacon and a whole egg. I added a sprinkle of chives for a light onion flavor and it’s delicious! These little breakfast cups are packed with flavor and so pretty! They are perfect for serving a crowd.
Start by spraying the muffin tin very well with non stick cooking spray – this will keep the cups from sticking. With a heavy rolling pin, flatten the English Muffins until they are pliable. Then, carefully fit them into the muffin tins and brush with melted butter.
Next, sprinkle in a small amount of shredded cheese, then lay partially cooked bacon strips across. Push these in firmly so you have plenty of room in the cups for the egg. Crack an egg directly into each muffin and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny. Sprinkle with fresh chives and remove them from the muffin tins while they are still warm. Once they cool in the tins, they start to stick even if you use non stick cooking spray.
I just love how cute these are, and the best part is, they are so delicious! The Thomas’ Sourdough English Muffin is the perfect crunchy cup for the bacon, egg and cheese, it just adds another layer of flavor.
English Muffin Bacon, Egg and Cheese Cups are a fun alternative to breakfast sandwiches, or a fun easy main dish for a brunch.
- 6 Thomas' Sourdough English Muffins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of bacon about 12 oz
- 12 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh chives
- Start by preheating oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously spray regular sized nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon about five minutes total, just until fat has started to render and bacon is still very soft.
- Divide Thomas English Muffins and roll flat with a rolling pin until thin and flexible.
- Carefully line muffin tin with english muffins.
- Brush english muffins with melted butter.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheddar cheese in bottom of each muffin.
- Cut bacon slice in half and lay each half into muffin.
- Push everything down firmly so there is plenty of room for egg.
- Crack egg into each muffin.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake english muffins for about 20 minutes just until egg white is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh chives.
- Remove english muffins cups from muffin tin while still warm to prevent sticking.
I’m excited to partner with Thomas’ to bring you this recipe today. All opinions in this post are my own.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS