Monkey bread is a family favorite. My kiddos love it and I’m sure it has a lot to do with the name. I mean, monkey bread is just fun to say. Last weekend we did a twist on traditional monkey bread, and made Lemon Monkey Bread. It is absolutely amazing! The warm flavors of brown sugar and butter combine with the bright citrus zest perfectly. Top it with a lemon glaze for even more yummy citrus flavor.
Lemon Monkey Bread is a strong contender against my Orange Sweet Rolls as a new brunch favorite in our house!
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
- 5-6 lemons zested and juiced
- 1 firmly packed cup of light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter 2 sticks
- 4 cups of powdered sugar for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray inside of Bundt or fluted pan with non stick cooking spray, or brush with melted butter.
- Combine lemon zest, sugar and brown sugar in a large plastic baggie.
- Quarter biscuit dough and coat in melted butter.
- Add dough pieces to plastic baggie and shake to coat.
- Place dough pieces in Bundt pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- While monkey bread is baking, prepare lemon glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and 6 - 8 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Adjust as needed for a pourable consistency.
- Remove monkey bread from oven and very carefully invert onto a serving plate or cake stand.
- The monkey bread will be very hot, so use oven mits and be very careful!
- You will need to turn out the monkey bread while it is still hot, or it will stick to the inside of the pan.
- Drizzle with lemon glaze and serve warm.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS