A few weeks ago, I shared my One-Pan Enchilada Pasta and the comments have been so great! I’ve been dying to make a chicken version, so here it is. Just like the rest of my one-pot meals, this One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Pasta is easy to make and everything cooks in the same pan. Even the pasta! I love creamy white chicken enchiladas, so I combined all the flavors of those in a fantastic one-pot pasta meal. The fire-roasted chiles combined with green enchilada sauce and sour cream is just so delicious! I know your family is going to love this meal. To check out more of my one-pot meals, find them here.
Let’s get going! Start by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil. Then add chicken breasts and cook until they start to brown. Add fire-roasted diced green chilies to the pan and continue sautéing for another minute or so.
Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, and dry, uncooked pasta to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
Let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
If you are in a hurry, stir in shredded cheese and serve! You are done! I like to melt my cheese on top of the pasta, so I prefer to sprinkle the cheese on top and heat it under the broiler, just until starts to melt.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 of medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 oz can of fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 1 19 oz can of green chile enchilada sauce medium or mild
- 1 14 oz can of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound of dried uncooked rotini pasta, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of freshly shredded monterey jack cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until they start to soften.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add can of green chilies to pan and cook about another minute.
- Add enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and pasta to the pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Let pan simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Top with shredded jack cheese. Stir in cheese until melted, or top and heat under broiler until melted. Just a minute or so.
- Optional - Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS