I just had to share this One Pot Sausage and Shrimp with Rice. It’s a really quick and easy dinner to throw together, and it is so tasty! Smoked sausage and fresh shrimp combined with rice is a flavor packed comfort meal that your family will love. You can even add a little kick by sprinkling in some cayenne pepper.
I love one pot meals, like my Chicken Alfredo and my Cheeseburger Casserole. They are just so perfect for busy weeknights. This one pot sausage and shrimp with rice makes a big pot, and the leftovers are great the next day!
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp
- 1 pound of smoked sausage sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups of extra long grain rice uncooked
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté onions, sliced sausage and seasoned salt in olive oil and butter until onions are softened.
- Add uncooked rice to pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water to pan, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer about 30 minutes until rice is tender.
- Once rice is tender, stir in uncooked shrimp and let cook through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and additional seasoned salt, if needed.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS