These One Pot Shrimp Burrito Bowls are absolutely packed with flavor and so delicious! Flavorful seasoned shrimp with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, tender black beans, sweet yellow corn, fire roasted tomatoes and homemade mexican rice, all in one pot!
This a great family friendly dinner that everyone can customize with their own toppings, and the basic recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. It’s a perfect Weight Watchers recipe too, since it’s loaded with zero Points foods – each serving is 6 WW Freestyle points not including guacamole.
If you prefer your burrito bowls with cheese, you can definitely add that in. Just sprinkle some on top after cooing and before adding the shrimp back to the pan. Recover with the lid to help the cheese melt quickly.
For the pictures, I kept the tails on the shrimp just because it makes it so much easier to tell at a glance that they are shrimp in the photo. If you are making this dish for your family, you can remove the tails prior to cooking.
One Pot Shrimp Burrito Bowls Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined extra large shrimp tails removed if preferred
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of uncooked extra-long grain rice
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of whole kernel corn drained
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime
- freshly diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine spices, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over high heat.
- Add shrimp to pan and season with half of seasoning blend.
- Cook over high heat 4-5 minutes, just until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove shrimp form pan, squeeze fresh lime juice from 1/2 a lime over shrimp and set aside to be added back to the pan later.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan, then add onions and cook over medium high heat until they start to soften.
- Add uncooked rice to pan and toast for about 2 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, corn, chicken broth, and remaining seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
Cook about 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Return cooked shrimp to pot.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream and guacamole, and additional fresh lime juice.
6 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per serving, not including guacamole.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS