This Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Dinner is so easy and delicious! It’s packed with tasty BBQ chicken, smoked sausage and veggies. The chicken and smoked sausage are seasoned with a sweet and spicy barbecue seasoning mix, and cooked all on one sheet pan next to the veggies and corn on the cob. Once the chicken is cooked through, the chicken and the smoked sausage is lightly brush with barbecue sauce and popped under the broiler for a sweet and sticky finish! Summer on a sheet pan!
To keep the corn on the cob from drying out in the oven, season then top with a small pat of butter and wrap tightly in a piece of foil. It will roast right along with the rest of the dinner.
Feel free to mix and match veggies. This sheet pan is pretty packed, but a few minutes under a hot broiler will give a little extra caramelization.
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenders
- 1 pound of smoked turkey sausage sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 ears of fresh corn husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Additional salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of prepared barbecue sauce
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place chicken and smoked sausage on one side of baking sheet, drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with barbecue spice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Add veggies to other side of baking sheet and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Combine meat and veggies and leave room for corn in one corner.
- Season corn and top each cob with 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Wrap in foil packet.
- Arrange corn cobs on baking sheet along with meat and veggies and bake at 425 degrees in upper third of oven for about 25 minutes, or until chicken registers 165 degrees.
- Remove baking sheet and brush chicken and smoked sausage with BBQ sauce.
- Place baking sheet back in oven and turn broiler to high. Broil 2-3 minutes or until veggies start to pick up color and barbecue sauce starts to caramelize.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
For even more dinner ideas, check out these easy dinner recipes!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS