These Snickerdoodles are the perfect combination of thick and chewy. I combined the traditional cinnamon and sugar cookie with the rich, nutty flavor of brown butter to create a really delicious snickerdoodle recipe.
I don’t remember eating snickerdoodles growing up. In fact, I remember being disappointed when I finally tried one and discovered the ingredients did not actually include Snickers. So, I was surprised when my little guy decided snickerdoodles where his favorite cookie. He has since declared these the best snickerdoodles ever, and I have to agree.
Makes about 18 large cookies
2 sticks of butter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup of firmly packed dark brown sugar
3 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Additional, for coating cookie dough:
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Start by browning butter. Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter in a skillet over medium heat, stir continually until butter starts to foam and is light golden brown. Immediately remove from heat and add remaining 1/2 stick of butter to pan and set aside to cool.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix dry ingredients together on lowest speed just until combined.
4. Add cooled butter, eggs and vanilla and mix again just until combined.
5. Scoop out two tablespoons of dough and form into a ball. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat and place on cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie dough balls slightly by using the back of a measuring cup.
6. Bake for about 7 minutes and let cool.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
I’d love for you to keep up on my new posts and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!
Linking up with: The 36th Avenue
Thanks for reading!
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS