These Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins are so tender and delicious! They are packed with fresh blueberries and sprinkled with a crunchy streusel topping. Made with whole wheat flour, reduced fat sour cream and sprinkled with a hearty oatmeal streusel, these blueberry muffins are as wholesome as they are delicious.
For this recipe, I use King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour. My regular grocery store doesn’t carry this variety, but it’s available on Amazon. Mix up the muffin batter and divide evenly into lined muffin tin.
Sprinkle with the streusel topping and bake.
Golden brown, delicious and bursting with fresh blueberries!
- For the streusel:
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- For the muffins:
- 2 cups 9 oz of white whole-wheat flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of reduced fat sour cream
- 2/3 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of melted butter, oats, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of white whole wheat flour and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of white whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda.
- In another small bowl, combine reduced fat sour cream, sugar, vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Pour sour cream mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in fresh blueberries.
- Divide muffin batter into muffin liners.
- Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake at 425 for first 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375 and bake an additional 13 minutes.
10 Weight Watcher Smart Points per muffin
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS