These Baked Tortillas Chips are only two Weight Watcher Smart Points and 80 calories per serving. This recipe has really saved me from over indulging in chips and salsa and chips and guacamole. Plus we love having freshly baked warm tortillas chips with our homemade salsa. I always keep the Extra Thin Mission Corn Tortillas on hand for easy weeknight tacos and tostadas, but what I really love is that they are only 2 Weight Watcher Smart Points for two big corn tortillas. When cut into 6 pieces, they are perfect for homemade tortillas chips!
Start by spraying a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray, then spread the tortillas on the baking sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray.
Stack the tortillas together and cut them into six triangles. I use my pizza cutter for a quick cut!
Spread the tortilla triangles in a single layer and bake until golden brown. For our family, I usually make two pans at a time and rotate the baking sheets halfway through. Once the chips are golden brown, sprinkle with kosher salt and serve.
- 6 Mission Yellow Corn Tortillas Extra Thin
- Non Stick Cooking Spray or Coconut Oil Spray
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Lay tortillas on baking sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Stack tortillas and cut into 6 triangles.
- Spread tortilla triangles into a single layer and bake, 6-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- If baking two sheets of tortillas chips, rotate sheets halfway through baking.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and serve.
Tortillas chips will go from golden to overly browned very quickly. Check every minute for doneness after 6 minutes. Baking time can vary based on oven, if tortillas were chilled, even a darker baking pan may speed baking. Watch closely so they don't burn.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS