These red velvet brownies, made quick and easy thanks to red velvet cake mix, are the perfect last minute Valentine’s Day treat. I love thick and chewy brownies, and anything red velvet, and these are the perfect combination.
Red Velvet Cake Mix Brownies
Author: Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
Recipe type: Dessert
Red Velvet Cake Mix Brownies Makes one 8×8 pan of brownies
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of melted butter
- 1 whole egg, plus two egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of water
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray 8×8 clear glass baking pan with non stick spray. Use parchment paper to line pan so brownies can easily be removed later and cut into squares.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low just until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into parchment paper lined pan and smooth top.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes. Take care not to over bake.
- Let brownies cool and cover, then refrigerate overnight or pop in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Once brownies are chilled, remove from pan and cut into squares using a serrated knife.
- Dust brownie squares with powdered sugar. Optional, but looks so pretty!