These red velvet brownies, made quick and easy thanks to red velvet cake mix, are the perfect last minute Valentine’s Day treat. I love thick and chewy brownies, and anything red velvet, and these are the perfect combination.
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix 18.25 oz
- 1 cup 2 sticks of melted butter
- 1 whole egg plus two egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray 8x8 clear glass baking pan with non stick spray. Use parchment paper to line pan so brownies can easily be removed later and cut into squares.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low just until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into parchment paper lined pan and smooth top.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes. Take care not to over bake.
- Let brownies cool and cover, then refrigerate overnight or pop in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Once brownies are chilled, remove from pan and cut into squares using a serrated knife.
- Dust brownie squares with powdered sugar. Optional, but looks so pretty!
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS