I love the idea of a delicious minty green milkshake just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. So I thought it would be fun to share my homemade version of a classic. This copycat shamrock shake is cool and refreshing. The key to this recipe is the combination of vanilla and peppermint. Just like my red velvet cake batter milkshake, I used low fat, slow churned ice cream for this recipe, which saves a bit on calories but keeps all the amazing flavor!
- 4 cups of slow churned vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
- 1½ to 2 cups of low fat milk – depending on desired thickness
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Green food coloring – I used about ⅛ a teaspoon of Wilton’s Leaf Green colored gel
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.