I love the idea of a delicious minty green milkshake just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. So I thought it would be fun to share my homemade version of a classic. This copycat shamrock shake is cool and refreshing. The key to this recipe is the combination of vanilla and peppermint. Just like my red velvet cake batter milkshake, I used low fat, slow churned ice cream for this recipe, which saves a bit on calories but keeps all the amazing flavor!
- 4 cups of slow churned vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of low fat milk - depending on desired thickness
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Green food coloring - I used about 1/8 a teaspoon of Wilton's Leaf Green colored gel
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS