Sometimes you need to bake just two chocolate chip cookies, and sometimes you need to bake just two peanut butter cookies. So here is your perfect recipe. The dough takes just minutes to mix up, and just like my single serving chocolate chip cookies, you can mix them up in one small bowl. Perfect when you need a quick peanut butter fix.
And forget dry, crumbly peanut butter cookies. These cookies are soft and tender. This recipe bakes up two nice large sized cookies, so share if you want. Or don’t, it’s totally up to you.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 firmly packed tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 egg yolk - discard or set aside egg white for a different use
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour plus one additional tablespoon of flour
- Whole peanuts - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt. Blend melted butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla together by hand. Stir in peanut butter. Add egg yolk and stir again. Add baking soda and flour, and stir until combined.
- Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet. Dough will be soft. Sprinkle a few peanuts on top of cookie dough. The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart. Bake for about 8-9 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheet. They will be very soft until cooled.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS