I’m really excited to be sharing one of our family’s favorite recipes, turkey burgers! These California Style Turkey Burgers are one of the first recipes I made as a newlywed and it is still a family favorite. Combine shredded jack cheese, dijon mustard, garlic and fresh chives with lean ground turkey meat for an all-in-one burger patty. We love this turkey burger served California Style with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and avocado on a Thomas’ Sourdough English Muffin. The sourdough english muffins, lightly toasted right on the grill, pair PERFECTLY with this turkey burger.
Prep all your ingredients, and prepare the grill. Before heating the grill, coat lightly with vegetable oil. A lightly oiled grill will help prevent sticking.
Place the turkey burgers on a nice hot grill to get a good sear.
The cheese combined with the ground turkey makes a delicious crust when seared. It’s my favorite part of the turkey burger
Lightly toast the Thomas’ Sourdough English Muffins before assembling the burgers. You could also sub in the Thomas’ Multi-Grain English Muffins in this recipe! They are extra hearty and would make a good pairing with this turkey burger.
Pile high with fresh ingredients! Vine-ripened tomatoes and ripe avocados are a must!
Sprinkle the tomatoes with a bit of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to really bring out their flavor!
Try these Thomas’ Sourdough English Muffins for these turkey burgers. They are the perfect size for a hamburger bun and the sourdough gives the burger that extra layer of flavor that really adds to the burger!
- 4 Thomas' Sourdough English Muffins
- 1.25 pounds of lean 93/7 ground turkey
- 1 cup of finely shredded jack cheese
- 1 garlic clove very finely minced or crushed with a garlic press
- 2 tablespoon of minced chives
- 2 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Oil for grilling
- Butter leaf lettuce
- Fresh sliced tomatoes
- In a large bowl, use a fork to gently combine turkey meat, cheese, mustard, breadcrumbs, chives, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form meat mixture into four equal patties.
- Lightly oil grates of a gas grill.
- Grill patties on high heat for about 10 minutes on first side and 5 minutes on second side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degree.
- While patties are cooking, lighyly toast english muffins on hot grill.
- Serve turkey burgers on Thomas' Sourdough English Muffins with lettuce, tomato and avocado.
I’m excited to partner with Thomas’ to bring you this recipe today. All opinions in this post are my own.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
You may also like:
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS