Easy Buttery Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks – transform frozen yeast dough into these delicious garlic parmesan breadsticks.
Easy Buttery Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
Imagine freshly baked garlic breadsticks! Throw these breadsticks alongside any pasta or soup recipe to instantly elevate the meal! Anytime I mention that I’m making breadsticks as a side, my family is instantly much more excited for the meal. Use easy and affordable frozen yeast dough to make restaurant style breadsticks. I’ve started keeping the dough in my freezer and we always have the other ingredients on hand, so I can add these to the menu anytime.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- Frozen Yeast Dinner Rolls – Rhodes is the brand I have been using. I haven’t tried any other brand with this recipe.
- Butter – salted butter, or unsalted butter with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Garlic Powder – I used garlic powder, not garlic salt.
- Dried Parsley – Freshly chopped parsley would work great too.
- Parmesan Cheese – any kind of parmesan cheese would work fine, use what you have on hand. I look for the freshly grated real parmesan tubs in the deli or cheese section.
How to Make Easy Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- Thaw dough portions until soft but still very cold.
- Roll into 6 inch breadsticks.
- Cover and let rise.
- Uncover and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- You can make more or less breadsticks, just adjust the recipe as needed. You can bake less than 10 on a sheet pan with no problems. If you need to make more, use a separate sheet pan to ensure the breadsticks bake evenly. I did test this recipe out with 12 breadsticks on a sheet pan and they did not brown around the sides.
- You can thaw the dough covered in the refrigerator the night before.
- Use two rolls and extend the baking time to make giant breadsticks!
- 10 rolls Frozen Yeast Dinner Rolls Rhodes recommended
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Thaw dough portions on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray for about 30 minutes. The rolls should still be very cold but soft all the way through. On a cutting board, use the palm of your hand to gently roll the dough into breadstick shape, about 6 inches long. TIP: To keep the edges from getting pointy and misshapen, don't roll your hand over the edges of the dough.
Spray breadsticks lightly with nonstick cooking spray and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for about an hour to rise. Rise time will vary depending on temperature. Breadsticks should double in size.
Preheat oven to 350°. Remove plastic warp and bake for about 15 minutes, or until breadsticks are a light golden brown. While breadsticks are baking, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in garlic powder and parsley. Brush garlic butter over breadsticks and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS