No scooping or rolling, these M&M’S cookie bars are loaded with chocolate chips and colorful Easter M&M’S, and are ideal for feeding a crowd. The perfect Easy Easter Dessert idea.
Easter M&M’S Cookie Bars
These cookie bars are a reader favorite and I’ve updated them with colorful pastel M&M’S for Easter. Loaded with M&M’S, white chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips, they bake up golden brown and delicious.
Easy Easter Dessert
What I really love about these cookie bars, besides the delicious taste, is how many they feed! Perfect for Easter parties or potlucks. Depending on how they are cut they can make 18-36 cookie bars. No rolling, no scooping and you can transport them right in the pan. Plus the colors are so festive and fun.
Easter Cookie Bar Tips
- Line a 9×13 cake pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. This makes sure the cookie bars can be removed easily from the pan and cut evenly. I have tested this recipe with parchment paper as well. It works, but does make it harder to spread the dough since it slips around the pan. It also makes it harder to pull the cookie bars out of the pan since it feels like it could rip.
- Sprinkle the top with extra M&M’S and chocolate chips. This makes for a prettier presentation. Don’t go too heavy on the toppings though as they can weigh down the middle and cause the cookies to cook unevenly.
- In the past, I’ve always used a glass 9×13 baking dish for this recipe. I’ve found they bake more evenly with a 9×13 metal cake pan and recommend it for this recipe now.
No scooping or rolling, these cookie bars are loaded with chocolate chips and colorful Easter M&M'S and perfect for a crowd.
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of Easter M&M'S plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 cake pan with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier. Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat. Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined. Add M&M's, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish. Press additional M&M'S, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into top of cookie dough. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until cookie bars are just set, but not overly browned. Do not over bake, cookie bars should be soft in the center. Let cool completely and cut.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS