Rich homemade alfredo sauce over tender hot pasta, combined with juicy grilled chicken and asparagus, this is quite possibly one of my most favorite meals ever. Creamy homemade alfredo sauce is so rich and delicious, and the tangy lemony grilled chicken and asparagus is the perfect contrast. This Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Fettuccine Alfredo is perfect for entertaining or special occasions. It’s simple, elegant and just outrageously delicious!
Start by preparing the marinade. I use half to marinade the chicken, then right before grilling toss the other half with the asparagus. Make sure you divide the marinade prior to adding the chicken to avoid cross contamination. I used rosemary in the recipe, but pretty much any fresh herbs would be delicious!
Asparagus are delicious with just a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper, but this citrus marinade sends them over the top.
Grill chicken over medium high heat until chicken reaches 165 degrees. I like to add the asparagus to the grill just for a few minutes at the end! I like my asparagus tender but not soft. Leave time for the chicken to rest – at least ten minutes before slicing for the juiciest chicken breasts.
While the chicken is grilling, prepare the pasta and alfredo sauce. Alfredo sauce cools down fairly quickly, so I will wait until the chicken and asparagus are ready to go before adding the cheese to the heavy cream and butter and pouring over the pasta.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound of fresh asparagus rinsed and bottoms trimmed
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of all-purpose steak seasoning
- 1 pound of fettuccine pasta cooked according to package directions
- 8 tablespoons of butter 1 stick
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and steak seasoning.
- Divide marinade set aside half to season asparagus just prior to grilling.
- Add chicken breast to remaining half of marinade and let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high and grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Toss asparagus with marinade and grill for about 5 minutes, just until tender.
- While chicken is grilling, cook pasta according to package direction.
- Once chicken is done cooking, set aside to rest while preparing pasta.
- In a small pot, heat butter and heavy cream together until hot, but not boiling.
- Working quickly, so the sauce is still very hot, remove sauce from heat and stir in a pinch of kosher salt, several turns of freshly ground pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Pour alfredo sauce over hot pasta, slice chicken and asparagus and serve over pasta.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
See my one-pot recipes here:
More easy dinner recipes here:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS