This Grilled Mexican Street Corn recipe is so delicious and incredibly easy to make! Fresh summer corn coated in a creamy mixture of sour cream, mayo, chili powder and cotija cheese, then finished off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. This corn on the cob is just so flavorful, and the recipe is easily increased to feed a crowd.
I like to start by grilling the corn in just the inner layer of the husks, then finish it off with the husks removed. Summer corn is so sweet and juicy and cooking it initially in the husks keeps it from drying out.
Once the corn picks up a bit of color, slather it with the cotija cheese mixture and squeeze fresh lime juice over the corn. Finish with a sprinkle of cheese, chili powder and fresh cilantro.
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of crumbled cotija cheese plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder plus more for topping
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped plus more for topping
- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1 lime
- In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, cotija cheese, chili powder, and cilantro and set aside.
- Heat gas grill to high.
- Remove all but the inner layer of corn husk.
- Grill corn with inner layer of husks still on for about 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove corn from grill and carefully remove husks.
- Grill for an additional 5 minutes to pick up char on the corn.
- Remove corn from grill and spoon cheese mixture over hot ears of corn.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over corn and sprinkle with additional cheese, chili powder and chopped cilantro.
Try this with my Grilled Carne Asada recipe!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
If you like this recipe, you may also like some of my recent favorites:
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS