This Seafood Alfredo is going to be your new favorite meal. Succulent sautéed shrimp and sweet lump crab meat in a homemade alfredo sauce. This meal is so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
This one-pot meal is so quick, you can easily make it on a busy weeknight. But it’s so delicious and elegant, it’s perfect for entertaining. If you are cooking for a crowd, you can double the recipe and keep cooking times the same, just plan on sautéing the shrimp in two batches so they don’t over crowd the pan.
The fresh crab meat in the recipe is what puts it over the top. Once you toss the pasta, the crab meat blends in with the alfredo and, oh my goodness, it is delicious.
Crab Alfredo Variation
You can easily use just crab or just shrimp in the alfredo. Either is amazing, I like the combination of both!
For this recipe, I used peeled and deveined shrimp from my local grocery store seafood counter and whole snow crab legs. To get the best quality crab meat available to me, I used whole snow crab legs and removed the crab meat myself. Depending on season and availability, this would be even easier with a king crab leg. Some groceries stores even offer fresh lump crab meat at the seafood counter.
Seafood Alfredo Tips
- Mix and match shrimp, scallops or crab meat.
- Use heavy cream, not whipping cream.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese. Use a microplane or a food processor to grate the cheese quickly.
Here is a quick video of the recipe so you can see how easy it is to make!
What to Serve with Seafood Alfredo
- Homemade French Bread
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
- Simple Salad
This One-Pot Seafood Alfredo is going to be your new favorite meal. Succulent sautéed shrimp and sweet lump crab meat in a homemade alfredo sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz of lump crab meat
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream not whipping cream
- 8 oz of uncooked fettuccine pasta noodles
- 3 oz of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Start by heating olive oil to medium high.
- Sauté shrimp seasoned with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper just until they start to turn pink, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook another minute.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside to be added back in after pasta cooks.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Stir in sautéed shrimp and fresh crab meat.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
- Alfredo sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
Make sure you use heavy cream in this recipe vs whipping cream. Heavy cream has a higher fat content and will create a thicker sauce.
Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for best results. Pre shredded parmesan cheese does not melt as smoothly as freshly shredded.
More Alfredo Recipes
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS