Skillet Enchiladas – this easy enchilada recipe is loaded with flavor and on the table in about 20 minutes. Ground beef, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce and melty cheese make the perfect skillet dinner.
Easy Enchilada Recipe
Skillet Enchiladas are a super quick and delicious meal that you can have on the table in about 20 minutes. This recipe is one of our go-to’s and works with ground beef, ground turkey and even leftover shredded chicken or pork. It has all the flavor of enchiladas, but cuts out the lengthy prep! Skillet Enchiladas are the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
How to Make Skillet Enchiladas, aka Easy Enchiladas
- Cut a dozen corn tortillas in half, then cut into 1 inch strips. Heat vegetable oil in skillet on med high heat and pan fry tortillas until slightly toasted and lightly crispy.
- Remove tortillas from pan and brown onions and ground beef in same skillet until ground beef is completely cooked. Add can of enchilada sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Then add tortillas back into pan and stir.
- Top with black olives, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Skillet Enchilada Tips
- Pan frying the tortillas is an important step. This gives the enchiladas texture and keeps them from becoming mushy.
- Try substituting ground turkey, reduced fat cheese, and light sour cream for a lightened up version of Skillet Enchiladas.
- These enchiladas are so easy to customize. Last time I made them, I added additional taco seasonings to the ground beef to kick up the flavor even more.
I think this is the quickest meal I’ve ever made, and who doesn’t love that? It’s great as leftovers as well.Erotik Sex izle Masaj asyalı porno izle Yetişkin Ensest Hikayeler Anal Erotik Hikaye
More Easy Enchilada Recipes
What to serve with Skillet Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas cut in half, then into 1 inch strips
- small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- Salt and pepper
- 19 oz enchilada sauce
- black olives sliced
- 2 cups colby jack cheese shredded
- sour cream topping
- green onions diced
Cut a dozen corn tortillas in half, then into 1 inch strips.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in skillet on med high heat and pan fry tortillas until slightly toasted and lightly crispy. Remove tortillas from pan.
Sauté onions in 1/2 tablespoon of oil until they start to soften. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Brown ground beef in same skillet, seasoning ground beef to taste, until ground beef is completely cooked.
Add enchilada sauce and simmer for a few minutes until heated through and bubbly. Add tortillas back into pan and stir.
Top with cheese and let melt. Add olives and green onions and serve.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS