Fresh and delicious, this Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe is the perfect side dish for summer. Black beans, fresh corn, and sweet cherry tomatoes are paired with red onions, cilantro and fresh lime juice for an incredibly versatile Mexican salad.
This Black Bean and Corn Salad is seriously my favorite summer side dish. It’s so delicious made with fresh corn on the cob, but it can be made all year with frozen or canned corn. It’s also perfect for making ahead as the flavors just get better as they combine. If making ahead or making a big batch, leave the avocado on the side. The avocado tends to break down once mixed into the salad, so I prefer to serve it diced on top of the salad rather than mixing it throughout.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
This salad is so versatile and delicious, it pairs well with almost everything. Serve with:
- Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Carne Asada
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- as a dip with tortilla chips
- as a taco topping over chicken, shrimp, steak or ground beef tacos
- with Mexican Rice and ground turkey for an easy burrito bowl
How to Make Black Bean and Corn Salad
- If corn is in season, start with fresh corn on the cob. Use my easy corn on the cob cooking method for perfect corn on the cob every time. (link coming soon) Once corn is cool, use a sharp knife to remove kernels.
- Rinse and drain canned black beans.
- Finely dice red onion and garlic.
- Use fresh cilantro and lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as needed.
- Can be stored tightly covered up to three days.
Easy Summer Salad
I love having a big bowl of this salad in the fridge, the flavors are just so fresh and bright. The flavors improve over time, though you may have to drain some liquid depending on how juicy your tomatoes are. I like to use cherry tomatoes in this salad, but if you have fresh garden tomatoes, even better!
If you are counting calories or tracking points, you can leave out the olive oil and/or avocados for a lower calorie and zero point side dish.
The perfect summer side salad packed with flavor, this salad is loaded with black beans, fresh corn and fresh tomatoes.
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado diced
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for avocado. Stir to combine. Add diced avocado to top of salad right before serving.
Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as needed.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS