These Slow Cooker Pretzel and Smoked Almond Candies are incredibly easy to make, and so addictive! Crushed pretzels and smoked almonds coated in chocolate and sprinkled with a pinch of sea salt. The perfect combination of sweet and salty. This recipe makes between 36 and 48 candies, depending on how large your spoonfuls are, so it’s great for homemade Christmas candy gift giving. Bonus: Everything is melted and mixed right in the slow cooker.
Start with chocolate almond bark, chocolate chips and shortening.
Cook on low for about 30 minutes, or until smooth and melted when stirred. Slow cooker heating times will vary.
Stir in crushed pretzels, smoked almonds and almond extract.
Stir until well combined.
Spoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top with additional chopped almonds and a pinch of sea salt.
- 1 20 oz package of chocolate almond bark
- 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons of butter flavored shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 pound of pretzels twists crushed
- 1 cup of chopped smoked almonds plus more for topping
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine chocolate almond bark, chocolate chips and shortening in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in almonds, crushed pretzels and almond extract.
- Drop mixture by spoonful onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped almonds and a pinch of sea salt.
- Let set until firm.
- Store tightly covered for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Better Homes & Garden Slow Cooker Holiday Help
Delicious and addictive! I think this would be an especially great recipe for teens and tweens to make!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS