This weekend, my family and I are looking forward to a weekend of nothing specific. By that I mean, we have no agenda for the entire weekend! Which also means, I’ll be looking for a new book to read. So if you have any recommendations, please let me know in the comments.
While I’m prepping for our schedule free weekend, I thought I’d pop in and share some of my favorite random stuff I’m loving this week.
1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – The best book I have read in such a long time, I still can’t stop thinking about the ending. I immediately downloaded and read her other two books, Dark Placesand Sharp Objects. Both excellent reads as well.
2. Chevron Maxi Skirt from Mindy Mae’s Market – How cute and comfy do these look? I ordered the black and white one and can’t wait to get it. It can be hard to find cute trendy pieces in bigger sizes, so I was thrilled to find these at such a great price! These are available for pre order right now, so get ready for spring!
3. Stainless steel cleaner – A few readers have asked about a solution for cleaning stainless steel that doesn’t leave streaks. I’ve tried speciality cleaners and found that Pledge furniture polish works the best for me. Just regular formula Pledge you would use for dusting. I do however have a special Microfiber Towel I use only on the stainless and I think that is the real secret to a streak free finish.
Apparently it’s for quickly drying your hair, but I keep it in my cleaning stash. It glides right over the stainless steel and doesn’t drag like other microfiber towels, and it doesn’t leave lint behind like cotton.
4. Red Velvet Monkey Bread from Ashton at Something Swanky – I was so excited to click over and read this recipe, and I was even more thrilled that she was inspired by the yeast dough from my Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls. You have to see this recipe!
5. Canon 50mm f/1.8 Camera Lens – This is the lens that I use for almost all my photography. It was the only lens I took on our last trip to Disneyland, and it’s the lens I use for all my food and craft photography. It only costs around $100, and it will give you that soft blurry background that so many people ask about.
You don’t have to be a photography expert, or even have learned manual mode to enjoy using this lens to take pictures. Plus, it’s compact and lightweight.
Here is one of my favorite pics from our Disneyland trip using the 50mm lens. My little guy on his 7th birthday!
If you missed my Friday favorites last week, you can check them out here.I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.