This Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa is delicious and perfect on a cold day! Homemade hot cocoa is so smooth and comforting, and this recipe is great for a crowd. I made this earlier this week and it got two thumbs up from my whole family. Once you try this hot cocoa recipe, you won’t go back to store bought packets!
Just heat the ingredients in a slow cooker, whisking occasionally. Once it is heated through, switch the slow cooker to the warm setting.
I popped in some big marshmallows, but this would be great with mini marshmallows or homemade whipped cream on top.
To make peppermint variation, add one teaspoon of peppermint extract to slow cooker.
- 2/3 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of Hershey's Cocoa - Natural Unsweetened
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 6 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and Hershey's Cocoa. Stir until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, including cocoa mixture, and whisk to combine.
- Heat on low for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in marshmallows and serve.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.