Crockpot Hot Chocolate – Rich and creamy homemade hot chocolate made easily in a slow cooker.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate
This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is so delicious and perfect on a cold day! This recipe is great for a crowd. I made this earlier this week and it got two thumbs up from my whole family. Once you try this hot cocoa recipe, you won’t go back to store bought packets!
How to Make Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- First combine hot water and cocoa. Whisk until smooth.
- Then, add all ingredients to the slow cooker, whisk and set slow cooker to low for about three hours.
- Whisk occasionally and once hot chocolate is heated through, switch Crockpot to warm setting.
I popped in some big marshmallows, but this would be great with mini marshmallows or homemade whipped cream on top. I recently made this alongside an epic Hot Chocolate Dessert Board and it was the perfect way to serve the hot chocolate. With the Crockpot set to warm, I simply let everyone serve themselves from the slow cooker and customize the toppings and add ins from the board.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Variation
If you would like to make a Peppermint Hot Chocolate variation, add a teaspoon of pure peppermint extract in addition to the vanilla extract. The vanilla and peppermint extract compliment each other nicely. Note: Peppermint extract is very strong and will taste bitter if too much is added.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Crushed Candy Cane
- Mini Chocolate Chips
Spiked Hot Chocolate
A fun option for adults is to offer mix-ins. Some ideas are:
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Vanilla Vodka
- Coffee Liqueur
- Cinnamon Whiskey
- Irish Cream
This easy crockpot hot chocolate is perfect for parties or serving a crowd!
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa – Natural Unsweetened
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and Hershey’s Cocoa. Stir until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, including cocoa mixture, and whisk to combine.
- Heat on low for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in marshmallows and serve.
Recipe you might like
- Hot Chocolate Dessert Board
- Christmas Cookie Decorating Board
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS