These M&M’s Cookie Bars have become an absolute favorite in our house. I made a Christmas version that has been incredibly popular and I wanted to add a Valentine’s Day version as well. These cookie bars are so easy to make and they bake up so nicely. They are a gorgeous golden brown color and the texture of the mini chocolate chips with the crunchy M&M’s is just delicious! These Valentine’s Day M&M Cookie Bars are perfect for a crowd or a classroom. They can be cut smaller to serve more, or cut larger for for a pretty presentation.
Start by mixing the cookie dough. This is a big batch of cookie dough, so a stand mixer is perfect for the job. You can also use a large bowl and a hand mixer.
Spread the cookie dough into a 9×13 glass baking dish lined with foil and sprayed with non stick cooking spray. The foil allows you to lift the bars out for easy cutting after they cool.
I also like to add M&M’S and more of the mini chocolate chips to the top before baking for a pretty presentation. Just press they lightly in and enjoy the pretty Valentine colors!
Golden brown perfection!
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Valentine's M&M's, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add M&M's and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M'S and white chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Let cool completely and cut.
I’m seriously in love with these M&M’S Cookie Bars! They are so pretty and easy to make and the very best part is they are perfectly delicious!
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.