These M&M’s Cookie Bars are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. Golden brown and delicious, they are packed with colorful M&M’S and mini chocolate chips. I just love the crunch of the M&M’S in this recipe! Make sure to add more M&M’S and mini chocolate chips to the top of the cookie dough before baking for a pretty presentation. No scooping or chilling the dough, M&M’S Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars bake up in a snap and are perfect for parties or a crowd. This recipe bakes a full 9×13 pan of cookie bars, I’ve listed 18 as the recipe yield, but you can cut them smaller to serve more if you prefer.
Start by mixing the cookie dough. The dough should be fairly thick, so a stand mixer is best, but you can also use a hand mixer.
Transfer cookie dough to a 9×13 glass baking dish lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. This makes the bars easier to lift out and cut after baking.
Sprinkle dough with additional M&M’s and mini chocolate chips.
Bake 35-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven until bars are golden brown.
Let cool completely and cut.
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of M&M's plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add M&M's and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M'S and chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Let cool completely and cut.
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes. You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS