M&M Cookie Bars – Packed with colorful M&M’S and mini chocolate chips, these cookie bars are a viral hit and a reader favorite.
M&M Cookie Bars
These M&M Cookie Bars are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. Golden brown and delicious, they are packed with colorful M&M’S and mini chocolate chips. I just love the crunch of the M&M’S in this recipe! Make sure to add more M&M’S and mini chocolate chips to the top of the cookie dough before baking for a pretty presentation. No scooping or chilling the dough, these bake up in a snap and are perfect for parties or a crowd. This recipe bakes a full 9×13 pan of cookie bars, I’ve listed 18 as the recipe yield, but you can cut them smaller to serve more if you prefer.
How to Make M&M Cookie Bars
- Start by mixing the cookie dough. The dough should be fairly thick, so a stand mixer is best, but you can also use a hand mixer.
- Beat together two sticks of room temperature butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix just until cookie dough forms.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips and M&M’S.
- Transfer cookie dough to a 9×13 pan lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. This makes the bars easier to lift out and cut after baking.
- Sprinkle dough with additional M&M’s and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven until bars are golden brown.
- Let cool completely and cut.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
If you make this, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
I’m seriously in love with these M&M’S Cookie Bars! They are so pretty and easy to make and the very best part is they are perfectly delicious! I use seasonal M&M’S to make these cookie bars for the holidays. The Christmas version is the most popular Christmas Cookie on Pinterest!
Packed with colorful M&M'S and mini chocolate chips, these cookie bars are a viral hit and a reader favorite.
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup golden brown sugar firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's plus more for topping
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
Add M&M's and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
Press additional M&M'S and chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bars are a light golden brown and just set in the center.
Let cool completely and cut.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
Can you use the non-stick foil in place of spraying aluminum foil?
I haven’t tried it, but I imagine that would work just fine! Please let me know if you do!
Love Them, both! Thank you. Pat
I made these for a book club treat and they were AMAZING! Will definitely be making these again.
Made them and they were soooo gooey and seemed undercooked. I even put them back in for 10 mins more. Are they supposed to be gooey? Cookie bars I’ve made in the past have never been this gooey.
These bars are a favorite! It is so easy to mix them up and have a sweet snack with very little fuss!
So good! It was a big hit with my kiddos too. We will be making this again for sure.
I’m going to make these today to go along with our movie watching. So much easier than making cookies and m&m’s are always a winning idea with my kids.
Those look so yummy! I will have to make it sometime. 🙂
This was a huge hit at my house!! Everyone loved it!
My kids absolutely love these better than cookies! They are so soft, full of chocolate, & they can make their square as big as they want!
A great recipe for so many reasons! We love M&Ms!
We seem to make bars weekly!! They are our favorite go-to. We like to change them up & add all kinds of things!