Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – chocolate chip cookie bars loaded with Reese’s Pieces, Peanut Butter Cups, and a layer of creamy peanut butter. The best cookie bars yet!
Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
A delicious peanut butter version of my viral M&M Cookie Bars made with Reese’s Pieces, Peanut Butter Cups, and a layer of creamy peanut butter baked right in. My family and friends who have tried them are saying this is the best cookie bar version yet, and I agree!. They are perfectly balanced with a 1:1 ratio of brown sugar and granulated sugar and an epic combination of peanut butter and chocolate. You get the soft rich cookie bar center with a decadent layer of real peanut butter and the crispy texture on the edges. This is a must try recipe.
HOW TO MAKE Loaded Peanut Butter CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
- Start with two sticks of room temperature unsalted butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cake pan with foil and spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy, then add room temperature eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour that has been spooned and leveled into measuring cup with baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and continue mixing until flour is mixed in, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces.
- In a small saucepan, warm creamy peanut butter until it is a pourable consistency.
- Divide cookie dough in half and spread first half in cake pan. Top with melted peanut butter. Top with remaining cookie dough.
- Sprinkle cookie dough with additional mini chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Let bars cool and cut into 2 inch squares. Can be cut larger or smaller.
Peanut Butter CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BAR INGREDIENTS
- Unsalted Butter – for the best texture
- Sugar – white granulated sugar
- Golden Brown Sugar – firmly packed
- Large Eggs – using extra large eggs will result in a slightly softer cookie dough
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour – use a spoon to measure flour into cup, then level the cup
- Baking Soda – make sure the baking soda is fresh for best results
- Salt – table salt for best results
- Mini Chocolate Chips – the Nestle mini chocolate chips are semi sweet and add great texture to the cookie bars
- Reese’s Pieces
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Creamy Peanut Butter
MORE COOKIE BAR RECIPES
- M&M’S Christmas Cookie Bars
- Red, White and Blue Cookie Bars
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Smaller Batch)
- Classic M&M’s Cookie Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup golden brown sugar firmly packed
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces plus more for topping
- Reese's Minis for topping
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter warmed
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 light colored cake pan with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue to mix until well combined. Add vanilla extract.
With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour mixture to bowl and mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.
In a small saucepan, warm peanut butter over medium low heat just until it reaches a pourable consistency.
Transfer 1/2 of cookie dough to lined cake pan and spread into an even layer. Pour peanut butter over first layer of cookie dough and spread evenly. Take spoonfuls of remaining cookie dough and drop all over peanut butter layer. Use an offset spatula to carefully spread top layer of cookie dough into an even layer.
Sprinkle with additional mini semi sweet chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until cookies bars are light golden brown. Do not over bake. Cookie bars will continue cooking and set as they cool.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS