Red, White and Blue M&M’S Cookie Bars – These easy cookie bars loaded with Red, White and Blue M&M’S and mini chocolate chips are the perfect 4th of July Dessert.
Red, White and Blue Cookie Bars
Red, White and Blue M&M’S are one of my favorite M&M’S variations! I just love the patriotic mix, and I think they are perfect for my favorite M&M’S Cookie Bars. Bake these up for the 4th of July or Memorial Day, they are perfect for feeding a crowd and so much easier than traditional cookies. Depending on how you cut them, they can make from 18 to 36 bars.
HOW TO MAKE M&M COOKIE BARS
- Start by mixing the cookie dough. The dough should be fairly thick, so a stand mixer is best, but you can also use a hand mixer.
- Beat together two sticks of room temperature butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix just until cookie dough forms.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips and M&M’S.
- Transfer cookie dough to a 9×13 cake pan lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. This makes the bars easier to lift out and cut after baking.
- Sprinkle dough with additional M&M’s and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven until bars are golden brown.
- Let cool completely and cut.
More 4th of July Recipes
MORE COOKIE BAR RECIPES
If you make these for your 4th of July dessert, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram at @no2pencilblog
I’m seriously in love with these M&M’S Cookie Bars! They are so pretty and easy to make, and the very best part is they are perfectly delicious! I use seasonal M&M’S to make these cookie bars for the holidays. The Christmas version is the most popular Christmas Cookie on Pinterest!
These easy cookie bars loaded with Red, White and Blue M&M'S and mini chocolate chips are the perfect 4th of July Dessert.
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Red White & Blue M&M'S, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9x13 aluminum baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
Add M&M's and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
Press additional M&M'S and mini chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Let cool completely and cut.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
Do you think I could I make these ahead of time and freeze them?
I made a double batch of this for a family dinner and everyone loved it! Thanks for the great post!
I made these and they were a hit! So much easier than cookies and made a TON! Thanks so much!
Making for our weekend at the lake!
So festive and delicious! These bars are always a hit!
So festive – I want to eat them all!
These look completely addicting!
Perfect timing! I was looking for an easy treat for a family get-together this weekend!!
What a fun and festive dessert! We make these just for fun, too!
Do you think I could use parchment paper insteAd and use a jelly roll pan to make a bigger batch?
I don’t think a jelly roll pan would be tall enough. I have tested it out with parchment paper, but the dough is thick and hard to spread on parchment paper.
These are always a huge hit. My family loves these bars!
These were so addicting, I served them with ice cream and they were gone within minutes!!
These were so delicious and very yummy! My family and I loved these! Excited to make these again soon!
I’ve made these so many times, all with different festive m & m’s! Great recipe!
Super easy and so addictive! I could eat this every day! It will be easy to do so, too, since I can just change out the seasonal M&Ms for other ones! YUM!
The whole fam LOVED these & I can’t wait to make them again for Memorial Day! They are addictingly good!!
Made these yesterday for our 4th of July party – they were DELICIOUS!!! Everyone loved them and they were so fun and easy! Thanks for the recipe!!
These were delicious. I loved how easy they were and made a lot. I put chocolate chips inside and m&m’s on the top. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks!