Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – seasoned and air fried to crispy golden brown perfection. Perfect for a quick family dinner.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Air frying in the perfect method for crispy chicken thighs. The air fryer is a great appliance for cooking freezer foods, but it’s really nice to put it to work cooking real food that makes a meal. The hot air circulating around the chicken thighs helps render the fat and makes the skin super crispy and delicious. No need to add extra oil or butter to the chicken thighs, just massage in the seasonings and let the air fryer do the work.
How to Cook Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
- Start by preheating the air fryer to help really crisp the chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Bone in skin on chicken thighs don’t need any extra oil or butter added. Just pat dry and season.
- Start skin side down and flip half way through for even cooking.
- Cooking time may vary based on the type of air fryer used. 10 minutes on each side is generally a good starting point.
- Chicken thighs should be cooked until the internal temperature reads 165℉ on an Instant Read thermometer.
Recommended Air Fryer
This recipe will work with any air fryer. I have tested several over the years, and after trying so many different ones, I have found I really like this one. It’s a classic air fryer with a roomy nonstick basket. I have the 3.7 quart and the larger size is on my list to buy.
Recipe Tips for Air Fryer Success
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer basket, make sure there is plenty of room for the hot air to circulate between the chicken so they can cook evenly.
- Make sure to clean the Air Fryer out after cooking. The fat on the chicken thighs will render under the basket and will need to be discarded and washed according to manufacturer instructions.
- This 3.7 quart air fryer fits 4 chicken thighs perfectly. To make more than 4, you will need a larger air fryer or to cook them in batches.
Seasoned and air fried to crispy golden brown perfection.
- 4 Chicken Thighs Bone in, Skin on
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 380℉
Combine kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and rub seasoning blend all over.
Spray air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray and place chicken thighs in basket skin side down. Cook for 10 minutes at 380℉, then flip chicken thighs skin side up and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Internal tempature should read 165℉ on an Instant Read thermometer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Wings (coming soon)
Air Fryer Fried Chicken (coming soon)
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS