Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
The air fryer is the prefect way to make these homemade sweet potato fries. Tossed with salt and a little cinnamon and brown sugar, these fries are a great combination of sweet and salty.
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Start by cutting sweet potatoes into even 1/4 inch strips. Rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Combine sweet potatoes, melted butter, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes in single layer in air fryer basket.
- Shake basket halfway through cooking time.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar after cooking.
- You can substitute melted butter for olive oil.
- Cooking time will vary depending on air fryer used.
- To make sweet potato wedges, cut into wedge shapes and increase cooking time.
- For even cooking, do not over crowd air fryer.
- For a savory version, substitute cinnamon and brown sugar for smoked paprika and garlic powder.
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
Glazed Sweet Potato Fries
After cooking as directed, toss sweet potato fries with 1/2 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar. Return to air fryer and let cook additional minute.
Cripsy and delicious, the air fryer is the perfect way to make sweet potato fries.
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
Cut sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch strips. Rinse and pat dry.
In a mixing bowl, toss sweet potato strips with melted butter, cinnamon, and salt.
Place fries in single layer in air fryer, work in batches if needed. Cook at 350 for 7 minutes, then shake basket and cook for another 7 minutes. Once cooked, sprinkle with brown sugar. Cooking times will vary.
For savory option, subsitute cinnamon and brown sugar with 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. You can also subsitute butter with olive oil.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS